Bulletin Board Policy
To provide a free Bulletin Board service, in-store and on-line, to our community. The Board and / or management reserve the right to decline to post any bulletin.
The purpose is to provide opportunities for networking, information exchange, notice of events and a marketplace for trading, buying and selling. It is intended to be of benefit to the community and to support and foster community spirit, harmony and goodwill.
By offering this service, the Kootenay Co-op is guided by two of the seven Principles of Cooperatives, on which all co-ops are founded, namely:
- Education, Training and Information
- Concern for the Community
Users of this service are required to make note of the purpose of the Bulletin Boards and abide by this criteria governing its use as stated below.
The Co-op reserves the right to refuse to post a notice which:
- has content which is deemed to be angry, threatening, critical, emotionally charged, inflammatory, accusatory, derogatory or hateful.
- is racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable.
- is used to air your personal grievances.
- expresses or promotes Party Politics.
- makes non-substantive claims.
- exposes personal or confidential information about others.
- intentionally or unintentionally violates any applicable local, provincial, national or international law.
- offers goods or services which are in direct competition with the Kootenay Co-op.
- Include your contact information.
- Keep it short - long postings with too much detail are uninviting to read.
- Use sentence case (both upper and lower case). Using all capitals is the email equivalent of SHOUTING.
- Use humour and sarcasm sparingly (It can easily be interpreted and thought of as rude).
- This is not a dating service - no personal ads please.
Return to Bulletin Board